Finding your Flow
4 days, 21 workshops, 600+ participants, great fun, powerful learning and one absolutely exhausted me! I loved it!
Facilitating so many short workshops over the course of a few days called for a huge amount of focus, concentration and stamina. Not only was it difficult and challenging, it was extremely worthwhile.
In every 55 minute workshop, I was completely and totally absorbed in the whole process, I was in “the zone.” Reflecting this morning, the following thoughts came to mind..
– Being present, in the moment
– Clear goals, immediate feedback and real purpose
– A very high level of concentration on a limited field
– Finding a balance between skills and challenge
– The feeling of control – Effortlessness
– An altered perception of time
– At one with my actions and consciousness
– Feelings of fulfillment and enjoyment
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi calls this “Flow.”
Do you recognise any of these feelings? Have you ever felt that kind of joy, happiness or “flow”?
It was fast paced, using an outline agenda, I sang “Set a Goal” – taking everyone by surprise, there was always applause, I shared thoughts and ideas, I pulled participants into conversation, sought feedback, had discussion groups and an engaging activity to close.
I love what I do.
Find your Flow!