https://www.darylwatson.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022-Journal-Image.jpg 2292 1829 darlwatsmin https://www.darylwatson.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/daryl-watson.png darlwatsmin2022-01-02 06:12:482022-01-02 07:04:33What will I write about today?
What will I write about today?
Picking up my new journal for 2022 this morning, “What will I write about today?” I thought….
How will be different because of what we have heard, seen and felt in 2021?
I have written about the importance of daily journaling, on many, many occasions.
Since Christmas Day 1977, journaling has been a huge part of my life. It has been a constant daily habit for 16,000 days +
There are 101 reasons to write a journal – here are my top 10 favourites:
Why Write a Journal?
• It improves memory function and helps you remember things.
• It helps you to set and achieve your goals.
• It strengthens self-discipline
• It helps boost your creativity
• It allows you to self-reflect and enhances your self-awareness
• It helps to improve your writing and discover your own voice
• It keeps your thoughts organised
• It helps me to remember who I really am – a child of God.
• It helps you to become aware of what really matters most
• It is always fun to relive the many entries recorded.
Finally, I loved President Russell M. Nelson’s encouragement yesterday to write down some resolutions for the year ahead. He shared three resolution’s, “Firstly strengthen your spiritual foundation….. Second, resolve to be kind to others….. Third, resolve to be resolute. The Lord loves effort. The Lord loves consistency. The Lord loves steadfastness. While we surely will come up short from time to time, our persistent efforts to hear Him and follow the inspiration He gives us will help us to “wax strong in the Spirit” (Mosiah 18:26).”
Why not record those resolutions in your own new journal today?
Why not resolve to start today?
I promise you, that you will never regret it.
My top tips, always write first thing in the morning, be radically honest with yourself and always write with a good pen!!
Are you keeping a journal?
What benefits do you get from journaling?